If you are looking for land train hire you have come to the right place.
Firstly we need to tell you what a land train is. A land train is a vehicle that is designed to look like a actual train that drives on a railway track, but the land train can drive on grass and on roads. The train is comprised of one steam engine that is powered with a diesel engine but is designed to look like the beautiful steam engines. Behind the the steam engine is 3 carriages each with 15 to 20 seats depending the size of the people, so with all 3 carriages that is a total of 45 to 60 seats. The train carriages are designed to look like the traditional train carriages and they also come with weather protectors so if the weather turns bad we can keep all the passengers riding the train dry. If needed the land train can also be used with just 1 or 2 carriages. Less carriages makes it easier for us to transport which makes it cheaper to hire.
Some land trains out there for hire only have small engines and small wheels which gives them not enough power to pull the carriages up hills and also makes them need regular stops to help them cool down. At Irvin Leisure we have the best high quality land trains with the correct sized engines and wheels needed, so no matter your route, grass or tarmac, you can have peace of mind that our land trains can provide the service we have promised.
Why hire a land train?
Land trains can be used for a range of different purposes for your event/venue. Below I have written a few ways you can use a land train.
1. Land trains can be used to transport your guests from one part of your event to another. This can be very helpful for guests who struggle to walk around a large event.
2. Land trains can be used as a site-seeing transportation vehicle. If you have a large event you can plan a route for the land train, and with this route we can show your guests around your event or venue.
3. If the event car park is a long walk from the main entrance the land train can be used to transport some of your guests to your event and back to the car park.
4. Land trains do not just have to be for events you can also hire them for site-seeing your venues. For example you could hire a land train to view across seasides, zoos, shopping centres and town centres.
Obviously there are loads of other ways you can use a land train at your event and venues, above is just to give you a idea of a few options.
We have two land trains available for hire on a variety of terms for a wide-variety of events. Our land trains can be hired for a complete summer season, just one day, or for a number of consecutive days at shows giving customers excellent flexibility when it comes to deciding upon the most appropriate package. We are experts in providing land trains for promotions, company and corporate body launches and outdoor events with our land trains frequently used as people carriers ferrying visitors from car parks to the main event area. Santa’s Grotto events are also very popular in November and December and a land train can add an extra touch of excitement for the young and old alike as has been demonstrated for Birmingham City Council over the past few years.
Racecourses, show grounds, stately homes and all manor of outdoor events are wonderful opportunities for these magnificent Irvin Leisure land trains to operate or attend.
We only ever offer our vehicles as a complete package. A package typically consists of:
· A land train of various lengths for ‘on the public highway’ or ‘off road’ usage
· An experienced qualified driver
· A competent guard on the rear carriage
· Full insurance cover (as applicable)
· Annual worthiness certificate report
· Full risk assessment reports
· All fuels oils
· Train stops
We also offer a fare-taking service for the client if required, or they can of course have their own ticket conductor on or off the land train.
If on-road operation is required, the obtaining of prior DOT approval is necessary with it normally taking about a month to acquire a Vehicle Special Order. As a business we are already known to the DOT, having had licenses approved by them previously, and we will always assist with advice on what land train is best suited to your needs, how to operate it and what is required at the event. Indeed, the benefit of our years and years of experience in this field are at the disposal of any genuinely interested body or person.